Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Project: Get This House in Order!

I recently posted a "note" on my facebook profile about my intention to gain control over my cluttered and disorganized home. I've come to realize that maybe continuing this journey through my blog might be a better way of updating and following my progress. So here's a copy of the Facebook note:

"There are many women out there who have no problem keeping their homes clean and organized for the most part. They know where things are and have a game plan each day to make sure things run smoothly. I am not one of these women. Our home is our family's refuge and is sacred. Having a disorganized home affects the way I feel about myself and everything around me. I find myself snapping at my children more, being impatient, and resenting my husband for the smallest most irrelevant things. It's an open door for Satan to attack you and your family. God wants our homes (spiritually and physically) to be in order. So...

I've made a decision! One that I have no choice but to stick with. Call it an early new year's resolution. But by this time next year...MY HOME WILL BE IN ORDER. My goal December 1, 2012. Some people may laugh at the idea of my needing a year to get my house together but let 'em laugh! I'm making a reachable goal for myself because I don't want to crash and burn. I'm hoping I get it where I want it before this date. :D

There is criteria to be met that will confirm my home is in order. I will write this down once I decide what that is. :)
I plan to take pictures as I progress through this mission of mine. Before and after. (Mostly after...LOL!)

Also, I will come up with routines that will help establish order as well. (http://www.flylady.com/) Flylady will help me with this.

Lastly, I will occasionally be asking questions and seeking advice from all my friends on Facebook. I would appreciate your responses and I'm excited to find out your secrets!

Well, that's it. My first post about Project: Get this house in order! Wish me favor....not luck!"

Since posting this on Facebook I've started with my first routine. These three chores are what I try to focus during my mornings (among all the other things like changing diapers, dressing the boys, and making breakfast).
  • Unload the dishwasher: this helps to keep the counters and sink clean throughout the day. I run a cycle each night after dinner.
  • Wash and dry a load of clothes.
  • Fold and put away a load of clothes. (When I say "load" I mean just a basket full. No more.)
I plan to establish systems and routines through the year to make my home, business, and my life in general run smoothly. I want to enjoy this time in my life with my children and husband, not dread it. Having these routines in place will help me achieve this goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment